Data Center Cleaning
Critical Facilities Solutions provide our customers with specialist cleaning services tailored to critical environments such as power and plant rooms, Data Center’s, MMR, CCNR, communication, server, patch and distribution rooms. We encompass the full life cycle of any facility from a Greenfields site or ‘shed’ at construction stage to a fully populated and live facility. Our services are bespoke and designed around you and your tenants or customers requirements and are always in line with the latest industry best practice. We are continually looking for ways to innovate and improve efficiency.
- Data Center Cleaning
- ISO14644-1 Cleaning
- Data Center Construction
- Bespoke Project / Handover Cleaning
- Server & Comms Room Cleaning
Contamination – Dust, Dirt, Sand, Pollen, Human Particulate within a Data Center builds up over time. Particulate and other types of contamination build-up in equipment, in servers, on heat sync’s or fan bearings and will eventually cause failures within IT equipment and the associated plant equipment if left unchecked. This build up causes thermal clogging that will increase heat. This heat will result in servers slowing down, it will result in fans not operating efficiently and slowing down and possibly a complete failure. With the requirements for zero downtime and numerous redundancies built into modern Data Center’s things like loss of data or latency and performance issues are scrutinized in more detail. Keeping contamination in check through regular cleaning can help to mitigate these risks.
CFS takes a holistic approach to its Data Center cleaning services. We can also provide disaster recovery cleaning services, with turnaround times between 4 – 24 hours, for post gas suppression release, refrigeration unit leaks, water leaks, flooding, fire, smoke or any other emergency.
Most OEM and hardware manufacturers including Sun Micro, EMC and HP recommend that the sub-floor void be cleaned twice per annum by a professional Data Center company, especially if air flow is being directed through the floor void. If Data Center cleaning has never been undertaken in your facility, an initial site preparation service (Initial Deep Clean) may need to be performed. This full Data Center deep clean may include every square inch of the Data Hall; sub-floor void; floor and equipment surfaces; pedestal and stringer substructure. This is to ensure that your facility is as dust and contamination free as possible. The Data Center environment should meet the minimum Cleanroom Class DIN EN ISO 14644-1 (Cleanroom Class US Fed.-STD. 209E) standards, in line with hardware manufacturers’ warranties.
Data Center Cleaning – Why Clean?
Three factors have a bearing on why Data Center’s should undertake proactive, effective and ongoing specialist cleaning. These are:
1. Airborne Contamination – Its inevitable that your environment will be impacted by airborne contamination at some point. Its constantly generated by diverse sources such as industrial plants, diesel fumes, passing traffic, human traffic, cardboard, paper and even the equipment within the Data Center itself.
2. Settled Contamination – Once the airborne contamination lands on a surface we refer to it as settled. If this settled contamination lands on the internals of equipment it can harm the electronics in numerous ways such as thermal clogging causing loss of performance, intermittent errors, wasted energy and even catastrophic failure.
3. Density – As the technology market transforms at a rapid pace so does the design and construction of the equipment within your Data Center. Its smaller and denser meaning more opportunities for contamination to settle, its higher powered which means more heat, its virtualized meaning more business critical, its packed closer together meaning less ways for contamination to bypass it. All these factors make it susceptibility to contamination.
Post Construction Cleaning
Critical Facilities Solutions is a specialist in the specification and delivery of construction and post construction technical cleaning to IS014644-1 standards. We provide a detailed specification and plan for all your cleaning requirements. If engagement is early enough Critical Facilities Solutions will have the opportunity to provide the best advice available.
Communication and reporting is critical on any project but especially so on construction projects thus making the information we provide even more valuable in determining progress at each stage of the build. Our recommendations highlight any immediate improvement initiatives that could be implemented.
As part of this ongoing service we monitor the air quality continuously to highlight any small changes in its quality which we can then use to manage the project more effectively. It enables us to respond quickly to changing circumstance.
This service is broken into two categories, Maintenance Cleaning and Clinical/Deep Cleaning (also known as handover cleans, sparkle cleans, final cleans) but in terms of Data Center the Clinical/Deep Clean refers to the ISO level final clean. So as well as delivery ongoing maintenance cleaning from shed to project completion we can also deliver the final clinical clean needed to ensure handover to client is performed within project timescales and to the correct level of ISO cleanliness.
We have the capability and the operational experience to deliver hyper scale Data Center cleaning projects across the globe.
Contact Mike Meyer here to discuss your project.